Anritsu or Agilient?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

prhowe
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Anritsu or Agilient?

Post by prhowe »

I am going to purchase a new hand-held analyzer Monday, but can't decide between the Anritsu and the Agilent .. The Anritsu MS2712E has a GPS option for doing coverage map overlays, but the software they provide seems lame. I like the Agilent N9912A better, but their website is pretty poor describing the unit. I don't see anywhere that it does GPS interface and/or coverage mapping. Anyone have any comments? And to go along with the original post, what would be a good GPS to use with the 9912, if it even will work with a GPS? Thanks !
akardam

Re: Anritsu or Agilient?

Post by akardam »

Have both companies (or their local reps) send out demo units and try them out before you buy.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I would absolutely agree with my esteemed colleague above... if the company isn't serious enough about your business to send you a demo unit, you have a very good idea what support will be like.

That being said, based purely on previous experience, I would expect the Agilent to be a more accurate device than the Anritsu. You might also consider the Tektronix NetTek, which is what I have.
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

Several years ago we went through this and settled on the Rhode and Swartz units. Several others did not work well in high rf areas.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”