Need info on S-1350 wattmeter slugs

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NY2NY
New User

Need info on S-1350 wattmeter slugs

Post by NY2NY »

Hi - anyone have a complete list of the RF elements (aka slugs) that go into the Motorola S-1350 RF wattmeter ? Also anybody know how to calibrate the individual elements (if possible) or does one just make a calibration chart ?
tnx - Jay NY2NY
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: Need info on S-1350 wattmeter slugs

Post by DJP126 »

You calibrate the wattmeter. The elements have no calibration components and are sealed units.
Dave
NY2NY
New User

Re: Need info on S-1350 wattmeter slugs

Post by NY2NY »

Hi Dave - tnx for the info - I opened up the Wattmeter case and found the calibration pot. Don't know if it will do me any good as I have 3 (identical) elements in the same frequency range and they all read different by as much as 20%. I guess the elements get cooked or damaged over the years and don't track each other any more. I will settle on one element, put in a known amount of power with a dummy laod and tweak the pot in the wattmeter to read correctly and then leave the mated pair alone.....Do you have any info on the number of different elements they made for this unit ? And, also, what were the differences between the A, B and C revisions ?
tnx -- Jay NY2NY
mbfrbatt63
New User

wattmeter slugs

Post by mbfrbatt63 »

does anyone have a slug that is either 50 or 100 watt to cover the 440 range
please contact me if you do, or know of a lead where i can locate one.

thanks, mark
w6krp@yahoo.com

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”