motorola R2600 flashing led... help!!

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nisioths
New User

motorola R2600 flashing led... help!!

Post by nisioths »

hi all!!
my test r2600 when I turn it flashing "ant" and "gen out" leds and nothing else!!!! :(
screen is black !!!!

has nobody any idea??? what i check???
msa
New User

Re: motorola R2600 flashing led... help!!

Post by msa »

Do you have a 10 MHz oscillator you can plug in to the input and set it for external clocking?

They won't boot without a reference signal. If the internal reference is out or the switch has gotten dirty, it may refuse to turn on.
nisioths
New User

Post by nisioths »

hi msa,
i have 10 mhz out off std connector....
i have not generator 10mhz
what else i ckeck????
thanks!!!!
msa
New User

Post by msa »

Check the internal/external reference switch, make sure it's working on the internal position.

If that doesn't clear it, and you don't have a 10 mhz external reference you can use... Then I'd try checking the power supply over. Start with a visual inspection looking for stressed or leaky caps, and any other obvious damage. Then test each output.
nisioths
New User

Post by nisioths »

i check all this positions..........
all working fine!!!!!!
look...i have 10 mhz out of conector "10mhz std" and the internal conector when switch is position "int" and flassing leds "ant" and "gen out" if switch is position "ext" then no flasing leds and no have out 10mhz.
crystal 10mhz and swith working........
do you have service manual or shematics for power suplly???
msa
New User

Post by msa »

Not handy, sorry, I don't currently have a 2600 but I've worked with them a fair bit. I believe the manuals are still available, though.

Many power supply failures are obvious on visual inspection. Make sure all connectors are clean and tight, and then take apart the PS and visually inspect it for bulging or otherwise stressed electrolytic caps, obvious heat damage, etc.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”