BEST SOURCE FOR REPAIR & CALIBRATION

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

icom98
What radios do you own?: Just About Everything

BEST SOURCE FOR REPAIR & CALIBRATION

Post by icom98 »

Fellow Forum Members,

I'm looking for a person or company that will do repairs & calibration for the following service monitors:

R2008/D
R2410/HS
R2200A or B

I use them infrequenty and for my own use, not in the business anymore so I'm looking for good, but resaonable.

I also have a R2200B that has no RX audio. The unit receives the desired frequency and can seen on the scope. The rx light comes on indicating open squelch. It's like the speaker is bad, however that isn't the problem. Any help with these questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry
Someday We'll Look Back On This And It Will All Seem Funny.
From Rosilitia, Sung By Bruce Springsteen, CIRCA 1973
d119

Re: BEST SOURCE FOR REPAIR & CALIBRATION

Post by d119 »

Send it to NexTec Global in Torrance, CA. (800) 323-6967. Talk to Zvika Golan. Nobody does it better. And he can do all of those units. He does complete refurbishment to the point you'll question whether or not you got back the same monitor you sent in. (but you will).
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Here is an outfit not too far from you in nj.

I was there at their shop yesterday and asked if they repair/calibrate motorola (old & newer)
service monitors and the fella said they work on all of them.

http://www.alltest.net/
fineshot1
NJ USA
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

d119 wrote:Send it to NexTec Global in Torrance, CA. (800) 323-6967. Talk to Zvika Golan. Nobody does it better. And he can do all of those units. He does complete refurbishment to the point you'll question whether or not you got back the same monitor you sent in. (but you will).
I have to agree. Zvika used to work for Motorola and was trained on the R2600 series in Phoenix when I was. He ran the test equipment repair depot in Japan. He is an extremely good tech. Also the CTDI depot in Elgin, IL is still available and their test equipment techs are all ex-Motorola test equipment techs.
Dave
dapaq2
2 Warnings for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale

Post by dapaq2 »

Dave,

What is the full name and contact info for the CTDT depot in Elgin, Illinois?

Thanks,
Doug
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

I don't know anymore. Last I knew is that you had to go through Motorola just as you would for a radio. CTDI only works on the R2600 series now and most of the techs are gone. Last I heard, only two of the original Motorola techs were still there.
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”