Motorola R2550A Squelch Problem

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

moztas

Motorola R2550A Squelch Problem

Post by moztas »

Hi All,

I have a R2550A communication system analyzer. Squelch Pot is not working for 2 days. Also squelch led doesn't lit when I turn the pot to minimum squelch level. Anyway, when I do a transmitter test of a radio, there is no audio and no modilation on the modilation scope screen. On the RF Display screen I can see the power input level and Frequency Err shows around +13 Khz and +15 KHz as unsteady.

I have changed the Interface module with the good one but no luck. I did not believe the pot was damaged because it stopped working suddenly.

Any idea and help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
BR,
moztas
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: Motorola R2550A Squelch Problem

Post by DJP126 »

Have you tried going into the special functions and doing an MVN reset?
Dave
moztas

Post by moztas »

Yes, I had tried MVN reset but no changes.
moztas

Post by moztas »

I realise that problem is on the "Receiver" board. I replaced with a working Receiver board and now it's working great. I have no time to find problem on Receiver board but suspecting about 10.7 Mhz Xtals. Voltage regulators just fine on the board and no short-circuits. Any idea?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”