Wowbagger,ifr1900 calibration need disassembly?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lau190
New User

Wowbagger,ifr1900 calibration need disassembly?

Post by lau190 »

Dear Wowbagger,
ifr1900 calibration need disassembly ? or just input the password then do it auto?
Can you brief tell me IFR 1900 calibrtion procedure?
Thanks
Gary
VR2XGI
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: Wowbagger,ifr1900 calibration need disassembly?

Post by Wowbagger »

*Most* of the calibration can be done covers-on, but you need proper equipment to do it. I would strongly suggest you get it done professionally.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
GlennD

Re: Wowbagger,ifr1900 calibration need disassembly?

Post by GlennD »

Wowbagger is constrained by being an IFR employee. He is very helpful within those constraints. He can not give out info that would get him in trouble.

He was very helpful with help on the IFR1600 I owned but If you want calibration info then you need to purchase a service manual.

I purchased one on Ebay that was module level but it contained alignment instructions.

Before you ask, I included the manual with the 1600 when I sold it.

I now have a HP8920B in its place and I am much happier. The Interface is like night and day.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”