Useful Telex IP-223 Connection Diagrams

This forum has been created to foster the discussion on future and cutting edge technology. This discussion is not limited or restricted to Motorola. Examples of allowed discussion are open source hardware (GNU Radio for example) and software (Open source P25, Asterisk, ROIP, etc). Discussion is also permitted where older technology could be applied to areas where it had previously not been used (Example: Trunking on amateur radio).

Moderator: Queue Moderator

randymince
What radios do you own?: MOTO,HARRIS,TELEX,RAYTHEON,GD

Useful Telex IP-223 Connection Diagrams

Post by randymince »

Here is something i made to use as an install reference. It helps in the manufacturing of cables, to ensuring the correct 223 jumpers and dip settings for motorola xtl. I put jpegs below as well as the download link. The download is in .doc microsoft word format and pdf.

RAR FILE WITH ABOVE DOCUMENT IN .DOC, PDF FORMAT, WITH JPEGS
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmojrqfjqm2
Last edited by randymince on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And that's how radios work
Bill_G

Re: Useful Telex IP-223 Connection Diagrams

Post by Bill_G »

Nicely done. I create project books with copies of manual pages marked up with info specific to the installation. Very useful for future reference, and speeds the process the next time.
randymince
What radios do you own?: MOTO,HARRIS,TELEX,RAYTHEON,GD

Re: Useful Telex IP-223 Connection Diagrams

Post by randymince »

Thanks, in my current job I provide continuity for Air Force personnel deploying to where I am, so consolidated references are helpful. When dealing with telex equipment I found myself always forgetting certain dip switch settings, so I just decided to put it all together. The latest addition was the tone table, I was setting up a button on a .veg file to give the user the ability to switch channels on the radio that was connected to the IP-223, so the tone table was helpful.
...And that's how radios work

Return to “Experimental and Next Generation LMR”