Firmware Refreshes?

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nrembis
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2k, MCS2k, XTS3k

Firmware Refreshes?

Post by nrembis »

Hello, I have several HT750 and 1250 radios I would like to update the firmware on. I have never done this before. Do I need anything other than the appropriate programming cable to do this? This is not something M charges for is it?......I see the firmware listed on my MOL account for download, just didnt know if I needed anything else besides the files.

Thanks
wa6ylb

Re: Firmware Refreshes?

Post by wa6ylb »

nrembis wrote:Hello, I have several HT750 and 1250 radios I would like to update the firmware on. I have never done this before. Do I need anything other than the appropriate programming cable to do this? This is not something M charges for is it?......I see the firmware listed on my MOL account for download, just didnt know if I needed anything else besides the files.

Thanks
You will also need the AAHLN9742 flashing adapter that goes between the RIB box and the programming cable. This same flashing adapter also works on CDM radios as well. There is a step at the beginning of flashing new firmware that has you setting the switch to "A" or "B" depending on the source, and then touching the radio to put it into flash mode. The instructions will be on the screen of the firmware flash program.
B.

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”