Astro 25 Portable R17.01.02 just showed it's face on MOL tonight, have not tried it yet, but I will., good luck to all,lol
ASTRO 25 Portable CPS R17.01.02
- Windows 7 is supported in R15.00.00 CPS and higher.
- The vendor has phased out support for the parallel port adapter DS1410E. Therefore
Motorola does not support the parallel port on Windows 7 or x64 bit machines.
- If both portable and mobile CPS's are used, it is recommended to update
both at the same time, and tutorials should be installed with BOTH versions.
- POP25 feature is NOT supported with VISTA operating system.
New CPS Features Supported:
- Conventional Channel Revert with Emergency on Trunking Channel
This feature provides the ability to revert to a conventional channel when
the emergency button on the radio is pressed while the radio is on a trunking
channel. When the emergency is exited, the radio will return to the original
Detailed information for each of these features can be found in the CPS
help. Help can be accessed from the CPS menu by selecting Help-> CPS Help
New Radio Features Supported:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Firmware version R17.01.01 is required for the following features to
work in the radio:
- Conventional Channel Revert with Emergency on Trunking Channel
For a detailed description of each feature, please see the radio's User Manual.
PLEASE NOTE: Cloning will NOT be allowed to a radio that does NOT have firmware version
R17.01.01 or higher when this feature is configured in the CPS codeplug.
For VISTA Users:
The following configuration on Vista Home Premium and Business Premium needs
to be set for the CPS to function properly:
- Vista Theme should be set to Windows Classic.
- Codeplug archive names should not exceed 30 characters.
- A Vista compatible printer is required for using the Print functionality
in the CPS.
- In order for the PDA to synch successfully with CPS on Vista, Windows
Mobile Device Center should be used. It can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/ ... enter.mspx.
Help format requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 or above. Microsoft
shipped Internet Explorer version 6 in 2001.
It is strongly recommended to install the tutorials with this new version
of the CPS. Previous tutorial versions are not recognized by R12.00.00 CPS
Note: Double-clicking a link within the help text might generate a error
Operating Systems: Windows XP Home Edition (SP 1 or higher)
Windows XP Professional (SP 1 or higher)
Vista Home Premium 32-bit (SP 1 or higher)
Vista Business 32-bit (SP 1 or higher)
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and 64-bit
NOTE: XP upgrade, Vista upgrade or Windows 7 upgrade from other
operating systems is not supported.
Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows NT and Windows 2000 are NOT supported.
Processor 400 MHz or higher Pentium grade Processor for XP
Vista and windows 7 requires 1 GHz
Memory 512 MB RAM minimum for XP
1 GB RAM minimum for VISTA
1 GB RAM for Windows 7 32-bit, 2 GB RAM for Windows 7 64-bit
Hard Disk Space 1 Gigabyte Drive with 250 MB minimum free space
(for a Typical Installation, including Help
Audio-Visual Tutorials) or 150 MB minimum free
space (for a Compact installation)
40 GB hard drive for Vista
16 GB minimum free space for Windows 7 32-bit or 20 GB for Windows 7 64-bit
Peripherals Microsoft Windows supported Mouse or Trackball
Microsoft Windows supported Serial Port
for radio communication
Microsoft Windows supported Printer Port
for report printing
CD-ROM for software installation
NOTE: For computers that are not equipped with
a serial port, radio communications may be
possible with the use of an off-the-shelf
USB to RS232 converter, such as the IOGEAR
USB to Serial/PDA Converter Cable.
1) Drop down items in table fields cannot be accessed when using Windows XP
Professional "Windows XP Style" display. If this issue is encountered,
change the display setting to "Windows Classic Style" for proper
2) Attempting to Read from or Write to a radio with the CPS while the Tuner,
Data Link Manager, or synchronization software for a PDA is open and
communicating with a radio will cause a communication failure.
3) Due to French import laws, the Microsoft encryption support used to
create archive (.cpg) files with the CPS (Customer Programming Software)
is not available on the French version of the Windows Operating Systems.
Therefore, there is no way to save archive files when the CPS is
installed on the French version of Windows. Until import laws are
changed such that Microsoft can provide encryption support, this feature
can not be addressed.
4) Under Tools->FLASHport->Read Radio Configuration, closing the dialog box
by pressing the 'X' in the upper right of the dialog while the application
is still busy (the cursor is shaped like an hourglass) may terminate the
5) Memory issues have been reported when 3 or more sessions of the CPS are
open at the same time.
6) Please install the CPS before attempting to connect the radio to the PC
using the USB cable.
7) If Logitech MouseWare version 9.76 is installed on the PC, it causes
Tools>Reports to fail and enter corrupt data in the registry. This occurs
when an ampersand is entered as part of a Zone Channel name. If the
MouseWare is either removed or upgraded to MouseWare version 9.79.1 or
later, it resolves the problem.
Once starting to read or write codeplug via POP25, the process can't
be cancelled. Depending on the size of codeplug, this process could
take long time (3 to 8 minutes).
9) Please avoid saving an invalid codeplug with "~" characters in table fields.
Doing so may cause the application to terminate.
10) If an Advanced System Key(ASK) fails to load, close the currently open
codeplug and reopen it. The System Key should be active, even though an error
message may appear.
11) When formatting an Advanced System Key, the 'Initialize' message may appear
several times. Please select 'Cancel' to proceed.
12) 'Failsoft Connect Tone' field can only be Advanced System Key protected if
'Connect Tone' is also protected. Specific protection for this field is not
13) Voice Files do NOT get copied when using POP25 feature.
14) "Preset Zone and Channel Enable" should NOT be enabled when using a DTMF
15) Help files may not open after importing a csv file. If so, close and re-open
CPS for the help files to open successfully.
16) Codeplug archive names should not exceed 30 characters on Windows 7 and VISTA.
17) Users of the Network Radio Programmer on Windows 7 64-bit machines may see a
"Program Compatibility Assistant" popup displayed during installation. This is
due to Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 compatibility issues with those machines.
After continuing the installation by clicking the "Run program" button on the popup,
the Network Radio Programmer feature can still be used on the machine.
18) Attempting to Read from or Write to a radio with the CPS before the radio has
enumerated will cause a communication failure.
19) Please note that the 'Emergency Revert Channel' field in the ASTRO tab
for each Conventional Personality will become invalid if it references a
Channel whose system is a DVRS ASTRO System with Dynamic Regrouping Enabled.
1) It is no longer required that the previous version of the application be
uninstalled before installing this release. Note that this does not allow
multiple versions to be installed, rather the already installed application
will be upgraded.
2) When the Installation CD is inserted into the CD-ROM drive, the
installation will start automatically if auto start is enabled for
the PC. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
3) Please refer to the CPS Programming Installation Guide, which is
included with this software for more detailed information.
4) If a file installed by the CPS later becomes corrupted, the Repair
option on the Installation CD may be used to restore it. It is very
important that the Installation CD for the same version that is
installed on the computer is used for Repair. Use of a different
version in an attempt to Repair an installation will result in further
5) If the PC has never had a 1-Wire USB device connected to it before, such
as the USB dongle used for FLASHkeys or Advanced keys, then plug it in right
after installation to complete the USB install. If it is not recognized or if
auto-detect can not locate the USB device driver, then point the New Hardware
Wizard's Driver installer to it in the install drive, such as
"C:\". The wizard should then find and install the driver automatically.
Connecting the PC to the Radio:
Do not use the Radio Interface Box (RIB), Smart Radio Interface Box (SRIB)
or any of the cables that plug into those boxes. Use only the following
direct PC to radio cables:
XTS 5000 / XTS 2500 / SSE 5000 / XTS 1500 / MT 1500 / PR 1500:
RS232 cable = RKN4106
USB cable = RKN4105
RS232 cable = NKN1027A
USB cable = NKN1029A
When using the USB cable, be sure to always click "Yes" on the Digital
Signature window whenever it is displayed by the operating system. Note
that the USB cable can be used only with Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher operating
systems. The CPS or Tuner application must first be installed before attaching the USB
cable and turning the radio on.
For additional cables information, go to Help-> CPS help topics -> Index ->
For POP25 Operation:
TCP Retransmissions on your machine needs to be set to 5 or higher. Motorola
recommends that if the following registry keys are defined on your system,
they be set to the following values for POP25 operation:
On Windows 7, Windows Vista and XP:
\TcpMaxDataRetransmissions - 5 or more
On XP Only:
\TcpMaxConnectRetransmissions - 3 or more
For help on editing registry values, read Microsoft online support at http://support.microsoft.com
- While the POP25 operation is in progress, do NOT attempt to start a second session until the first is done.
- In order to do a differential write during POP25 (OTAP), the radio must
first be read via POP25 and then written using the CPS Write Device function.
Differential write is only effective for one read/write session. After one
differential write, the radio must be read again to perform another
differential write otherwise a full write will be done for subsequent writes.
Note: Differential write is not supported for any Clone feature. When doing
a Clone operation or Full write to a radio, please ensure that the
"Update Only Modified Fields via OTAP" field in
View -> Options -> POP25 Parameters page is NOT enabled.
1) For trunking customers, the first time the CPS is started, navigate to the
User Settings Dialog under the Tools menu and set up the directories where
the system key files will be stored.
2) To retrieve data from XTS 3000 or ASTRO Saber codeplugs, first read
the codeplug into the ASTRO Saber / XTS 3000 CPS and use the top node
drag and drop feature to copy the data into the XTS 5000 or XTS 2500
codeplug. Drag and drop is a very powerful and time-saving tool, but the
data should always be verified before writing to a radio. The Drag and
Drop Report can help with this verification. Please view the Drag and
Drop Tutorial included in Help for more information.
3) To get help on a field, press F1 while focus is on the field, or click on
the Help button on the tool bar (an Arrow with a question mark) and then
click on the field for which help is desired.
4) For more information on the features available in the Windows CPS, we
suggest viewing the audio-visual help tutorials. They can be accessed
from the CPS menu by selecting Help->CPS Help Topics, and then double-
clicking on CPS-User...Audio & Video Tutorials, then The Tutorials Menu.
Then select the appropriate tutorial.
This media, or Motorola Product, may include Publicly Available Software (Open Source Software,
Freeware, Shareware). Please reference the Motorola Publicly Available Software Legal Notices File,
Astro 25 Portable R17.01.02
Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.
Moderator: Queue Moderator
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:04 pm
- What radios do you own?: All FPP
1 post • Page 1 of 1