Anyone having XPR 7550 SpeakerMic Problems?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Lubecktech
New User

Anyone having XPR 7550 SpeakerMic Problems?

Post by Lubecktech »

We have an unknown number out of 138 radios where if the speaker mic is tightened very tight there is a high pitched whine in the TX audio. Loosening the mic slightly makes the noise go away. Also the customer reports extreme unreliability both RX and TX of the speaker mics to the point where they are removing the mics. Most of their radios use speaker mics and the radios work acceptably without the mic. We just updated the radios to firmware R02.40.02 and are hoping it will help. Anyone else experiencing similar problems??
RFguy

Re: Anyone having XPR 7550 SpeakerMic Problems?

Post by RFguy »

Lubecktech wrote:We have an unknown number out of 138 radios where if the speaker mic is tightened very tight there is a high pitched whine in the TX audio.
Yes, I had that in one radio out of 6 recently. I didn't attribute it the the tightness of the connector. It was happening, swapped mics around and went away. It was as you described, high pitch whine on TX. This was VHF operating around 165 MHz.
35-K9-1
What radios do you own?: XG-100F, VP900, VP600, APX7K

Re: Anyone having XPR 7550 SpeakerMic Problems?

Post by 35-K9-1 »

I have used mine with a speaker mic for about 5 months now, and I have never had a problem. I use an earpiece with it, so I rarely use the internal speaker.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”