Downloading FW -Issues?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firecomm
was Fire4117

Downloading FW -Issues?

Post by firecomm »

Anyone else having issues downloading any firmware from MOL? I can dl CPS and other items, it's just when I click on the link I get nothing but 404 error. The link says it's an exe file but beside it in the list it shows HTML Document.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
crazyboy

Re: Downloading FW -Issues?

Post by crazyboy »

Just downloaded yesterday with no problems.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

firecomm wrote:Anyone else having issues downloading any firmware from MOL? I can dl CPS and other items, it's just when I click on the link I get nothing but 404 error. The link says it's an exe file but beside it in the list it shows HTML Document.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

By any chance are you using a Windows 10 operating system on your computer?

Jim
firecomm
was Fire4117

Re: Downloading FW - Issues?

Post by firecomm »

Jim202 wrote:
firecomm wrote:Anyone else having issues downloading any firmware from MOL? I can dl CPS and other items, it's just when I click on the link I get nothing but 404 error. The link says it's an exe file but beside it in the list it shows HTML Document.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jim
No sir. Win 7 and another on Win XP. I can get to the link where it shows all the device update packages and when I click on this; MOTOTRBO_Light_R0101100002_080311_Mobile PL NA.exe (or any other FW link for that matter) I get the "the page cannot be found" message.

I've tried both Firefox and IE as well to see if it was browser related.

Maybe an issue with my account?
crazyboy

Re: Downloading FW - Issues?

Post by crazyboy »

firecomm wrote:
Jim202 wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jim
No sir. Win 7 and another on Win XP. I can get to the link where it shows all the device update packages and when I click on this; MOTOTRBO_Light_R0101100002_080311_Mobile PL NA.exe (or any other FW link for that matter) I get the "the page cannot be found" message.

I've tried both Firefox and IE as well to see if it was browser related.

Maybe an issue with my account?
Just logged in to double check, no problems .exe pops right up to download as soon as the link is clicked.
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

Hmm. Damn! Ok. Thanks all.
Bigred
What radios do you own?: Junk that comes and goes...

Post by Bigred »

Don't feel bad, happened to me last month. Updating a XPR8300. Downloaded the intermediate FW just fine but when I tried to get the latest it always 404'ed. That was on site using my Mifi. Later that evening I tried on the home cable and it downloaded first try. Just shrugged it off and returned the next day.
Lots and lots of watts...
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Don't click the links to the firmware files from the main landing page. MOL has not been properly uploading to their virtual directories for a couple years now and nobody at Motorola has the competence to fix the problem even when they are walked through it step by step and reproduce the error themselves. Enter via the resource center and click the software tab and take it from there.
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

escomm wrote:Don't click the links to the firmware files from the main landing page. MOL has not been properly uploading to their virtual directories for a couple years now and nobody at Motorola has the competence to fix the problem even when they are walked through it step by step and reproduce the error themselves. Enter via the resource center and click the software tab and take it from there.

Dude!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Jeff, worked like a charm!
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

escomm wrote:Don't click the links to the firmware files from the main landing page. MOL has not been properly uploading to their virtual directories for a couple years now and nobody at Motorola has the competence to fix the problem even when they are walked through it step by step and reproduce the error themselves. Enter via the resource center and click the software tab and take it from there.
DOh, I assumed thats where he was looking.
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

crazyboy wrote:
DOh, I assumed thats where he was looking.
You know it's funny, I usually go into there to grab stuff once in a while, but i just figured that if it wasn't working on the home page it wouldn't work in there. Especially when I had no issues dl'ing my CPS or other items from the home page.

Lesson learned!

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”