Couple of new "e" radios

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Couple of new "e" radios

Post by sjxts3000 »

Picked up an XPR5550e with HHCH unit and an SL3500e. Very impressed with these radios. While not as "rugged" as an APX unit, the form factor and price points are very attractive on both. The HHCH conversion kit is very easy to install on the 5550e mobile and the HHCH itself is really nice. My only gripe with it is that the coiled cable is too thick and heavy for the head itself (which I suspect is because it has power and comms in one cable). Especially nice on the XPR HHCH is that you no longer need the wonky rear programming cable and can use any ordinary USB-A to USB-C cable on the front of the radio (i.e. the kind you use with a USB-connected printer, for example). This makes it very easy for programming (bluetooth audio and radio programming are also free on these units, but not on the SL3500e). Like the predecessor SL300, form factor on the SL3550e is nice and small and the new display is so much better than the SL300 unit. Darn good radios and no regrets.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”