audio spikes

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

audio spikes

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a customer with XPR6550 and XPR7550 radios. When they attach a surv kit to the side of the radio the audio will spike very loud for no apparent reason at times. Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to fix this for the customer. Would this be in the audio settings of the radio??

John
RFguy

Re: audio spikes

Post by RFguy »

What do you mean by spikes? Is it on RX or TX? Is it always at "that" level, or is it different at different times? Are these surv kits Motorola units (digital certified) or aftermarket units?
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

It is on the receive side. When someone is talking to the receiving radios the audio will spike meaning going from low to full volume hurting peoples ears. The surv kits are from impact radio

John
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

johnny1225 wrote:It is on the receive side. When someone is talking to the receiving radios the audio will spike meaning going from low to full volume hurting peoples ears. The surv kits are from impact radio

John
I have two questions. Where is the volume control on the radio set? This is going to set the RX audio level going to the accessory devices?

My second question, is the connector pins clean on both the radio and the accessory connection point? Do not use a pencil eraser on the pins as these are gold plated and if you take off the plating, you will have way more problems than what you have now. These connections need to be clean and tight. Do not over tighten the retaining screw or you will create additional problems.

Jim
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

I have a customer complaining of the same issue (spiking RX audio) using Peltor headsets. It's operating on a Cap+ UHF repeater. We have been unable to duplicate it in shop. This is on a XPR7550e radio.
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

We've got a mix of Gen1 and Gen2 Trbo radios on our system. We would get RX spikes on the Gen2 radios intermittently when a Gen1 radio would key up. Audio was much better when we upgraded everything to the latest fw. If you can just get the Gen1 radios on version 1.12 things should improve.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”