sl300 variants?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lunzac
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XPR6550, XPR7550

sl300 variants?

Post by lunzac »

Hi. I am very interested in something like the SL 300 or SL 3500 E but I need whatever I choose to be capable of capacity plus. From what I have found the SL 300 has a capacity plus version model number AAH88QCP9JG2AN and not capacity plus model number AAH88QCP9JA2AN. first can anyone confirm that those model numbers are accurate. Second does the capacity plus version include the E ID so it does capacity plus right out of the box? Third is there an E ID to make the non-capacity plus version able to do capacity plus or is that not an option?

as for the 3500e Does that include capacity plus out of the box or is there an entitlement ID needed for that?

thanks

zach
fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

Re: sl300 variants?

Post by fogster »

lunzac wrote:Hi. I am very interested in something like the SL 300 or SL 3500 E but I need whatever I choose to be capable of capacity plus. From what I have found the SL 300 has a capacity plus version model number AAH88QCP9JG2AN and not capacity plus model number AAH88QCP9JA2AN.
That information matches my records, for the UHF ones. (The VHF Cap+ one was AAH88JCP9JG2AN.) The Capacity Plus model was apparently called the "SL300 LTD."

I can no longer find a citation for this, but I recall reading that the Capacity Plus one was discontinued by Motorola in favor of the SL3500e. My notes also suggest that it was limited to single-site Capacity Plus, and possibly only supported four slots. https://www.radioparts.com/motorola-sl3 ... acity-plus does suggest it has been discontinued but doesn't indicate why
Second does the capacity plus version include the E ID so it does capacity plus right out of the box? Third is there an E ID to make the non-capacity plus version able to do capacity plus or is that not an option?
I don't know the answer to the first question; I've never encountered one. I think it's moot since you're unlikely to be able to buy them, unless you stumble across a used one.

I do know that the conventional version could not be upgraded to support Capacity Plus. "Upgrading" to Cap+ required trading in the radio for one of the LTD ones.
as for the 3500e Does that include capacity plus out of the box or is there an entitlement ID needed for that?
I'm 90% sure it requires an EID. I see HKVN4413 (single site) and HKVN4414 (multi-site) listed as an available upgrade for it. I don't have an SL3500e to play around with, though. :(

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”