SLR8000 Repeater

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

SLR8000 Repeater

Post by johnny1225 »

have a SLR8000 UHF Repeater hooked up to battery back up. I have two batteries hooked up in parallel. I have the Motorola battery back up cable hooked to the back of the repeater and under general settings i have battery checked, DC System normal set for 12V, battery charging check marked and output charger voltage set at 13.8v. They had a power shut down and it seemed that the battery backup didnt kick in. I am wondering if there is something i am forgetting. First time doing a battery back up on a SLR8000, and info would be greatly appreciated

john
Bill_G

Re: SLR8000 Repeater

Post by Bill_G »

Still a new product for us too. Haven't played with battery backup yet.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Something I forgot to mention last night - If this product is like the MTR2K series, it *DOES NOT* charge the batteries - it merely draws from them. It's a DC input. You need an external battery management system, like the infamous Argus, to charge the battery pile.
jsilberberg

Post by jsilberberg »

Check you settings in CPS under General --

There is a Section Label Battery now -- CPS 14 - 717

I would past a screen shot here but not having luck --
J. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

Afternoon Johnny,

This repeater is configurable for 2 power levels of backup. 50 watts which is only for 12VDC and 100W which is for 24VDC

If you have 2 batteries running this can be wired in either format but the voltage and power needs to be configured as mentioned under the battery backup settings.

Section is battery under general settings, check the box and then configure for system voltage, battery charging or not, and then
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Bill_G wrote:Something I forgot to mention last night - If this product is like the MTR2K series, it *DOES NOT* charge the batteries - it merely draws from them. It's a DC input. You need an external battery management system, like the infamous Argus, to charge the battery pile.
FYI: The SLR8000 has full battery revert now with a built-in 5-amp charger.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

RFguy wrote:
Bill_G wrote:Something I forgot to mention last night - If this product is like the MTR2K series, it *DOES NOT* charge the batteries - it merely draws from them. It's a DC input. You need an external battery management system, like the infamous Argus, to charge the battery pile.
FYI: The SLR8000 has full battery revert now with a built-in 5-amp charger.
Holy Cow Batman! Someone actually thought out the process! Amazing!
Thx! :)
jeryray
New User
What radios do you own?: Many ICom, have 4 Mototrbo rep

Post by jeryray »

I had the same problem last year. Moto sent me new firmware for the power supply.
They also had me beta test new firmware for months before release.
Make sure you have the latest firmware.

I have 3 8000 units that work correctly now.

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”