Help Please - XPR8400 Questions About Mixed Mode

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Dougdeutsch

Help Please - XPR8400 Questions About Mixed Mode

Post by Dougdeutsch »

Greetings,

I'm attempting to get a new system up and running using an XPR8400 UHF repeater.

My ultimate goal is to get it working in a Mixed Mode configuration; analog FM and DMR.

Is this something that can be achieved with the basic repeater setup or is their some type of upgrade or option I need to add to my machine to make this work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me directly at "KG3i@ptd.net" .

Thank you in advance,

Doug
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: Help Please - XPR8400 Questions About Mixed Mode

Post by KG4INW »

You'll need to purchase the HKLN4456A Dynamic Mixed Mode EID. I don't recall the cost (I work for a dealer and don't usually see pricing as I just work on the stuff!) but it's enabled with Internet connected CPS followed by the repeater connected to the PC. After that, it's fairly easy to setup. You simply add a mixed mode channel and program both analog and digital parameters as necessary.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

If you plan to network the DMR forget mixed mode.

A work around is to program up two channels, one analog and one digital, and switch it either suing a hard wire to the ACC connector or by using RDAC.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

As long as you do not plan to link the repeater or have off-site diagnostics, mixed mode will work. Once you link the repeater to a network, the network WILL go down every time someone uses the repeater in analog.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Actually AFAIK with dynamic mixed mode IPSC is not supported but RDAC still works.

EDIT: I bought a dynamic mixed mode EID and it was a disappointment, for the money it did not allow IPSC networking.
Dougdeutsch

Post by Dougdeutsch »

Thanks for all the comments.

I'm thinking maybe the way to go is to set it up as a DMR networked repeater and forget the analog. Less headaches.

Thanks again,

Doug

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”