XPR 8400 CWID Problem

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DiGiTaL D
New User

XPR 8400 CWID Problem

Post by DiGiTaL D »

I manage an IP Site Connect system consisting of three (3) XPR 8400 repeaters on UHF and have recently noticed that they are failing to send CWID at the programmed interval. Model number is M27TRR9JA7BN running firmware version R02.09.00.03, codeplug version 19.00.03, and bootloader version R02.03.01.

This seems to have started since the last firmware update which I did in September. Prior to that firmware update, I had the CWID timer parameters set up as follows:

TX Interval (min) 15
Mix Mode Timer (min) 255

With that configuration running the previous version of the firmware (whatever the prior release was prior to R02.09.00.03) the repeaters would send ID every 15 minutes, usually at the end of an IP Site Connect beacon signal. Recently I was listening to my master repeater's output frequency in analog mode just to see how the co-channel interference situation was, and I noticed it was not identifying at all with the above configuration.

Thinking the failure to identify was possibly caused by the mix mode timer interval being set to 255 and thus disabled (which shouldn't matter for exclusively digital operation anyway) I changed the CWID timer parameters to the following:

TX Interval (min) 12
Mix Mode Timer (min) 14

I changed nothing else in the codeplug. After programming these parameters into each of the three repeaters, all of them restarted and began beaconing for 4320 ms every 60 seconds just like they always have. Then, when the CWID TX interval timer expired, they sent the CWID like they should have. But they only did it once and haven't done it since, despite several intermittent voice calls and beaconing every 60 seconds.

I would really like to rectify this situation ASAP. The two peer repeaters provide in-building coverage, but the master is at about 270 feet AGL and has a decent coverage footprint. Is this a problem with my programming or possibly a glitch in the R02.09.00.03 firmware?

Thank you for your responses!
Astro Spectra

Re: XPR 8400 CWID Problem

Post by Astro Spectra »

Similar bug reported in the latest SLR firmware release notes but nothing on the XPR.
DiGiTaL D
New User

Post by DiGiTaL D »

I just blew R02.09.00.13 into all three repeaters. They all ID'd once so far. We'll see what happens.
DiGiTaL D
New User

Post by DiGiTaL D »

Fixed. Updating to R02.09.00.13 was the solution. Evidently it was a bug in the R02.09.00.03 for the XPR 8400 as well as the SLR 8000.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Good to know, thank you.

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”