Question regarding NAC monitor on the XTS 3000

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mainegrw
New User

Question regarding NAC monitor on the XTS 3000

Post by mainegrw »

I recently acquired an UHF XTS 3000 to accompany the 800mhz XTS 5000 I've mentioned in the requisite subforum. Unlike my 800mhz 5000, the 3000 recieves and transmits as expected, and being a local acquisition, it came to me programmed with some local frequencies already programmed in. Aside from the usual conventional UHF programming, there were a few P25 conventional channels programmed and fully operational, as I could hear voice traffic on all of them.

So here's where my curiosity got the better of me: the P25 channels have specific NACs programmed, however out of curiosity, I set the receive NAC for each channel to F7E, as i understand the radio should then receive any traffic with any NAC code transmitted on the channel, and I was curious if there might be more traffic on the frequency that I wasn't hearing. This however just causes the radio to receive nothing at all on those channels. Setting the NAC back to it's original code setting brings back the channel's traffic, so I'm left wondering why this doesnt seem to work. From what I read around the net, it certainly does for others.

Thoughts?
fineshot1

Re: Question regarding NAC monitor on the XTS 3000

Post by fineshot1 »

This may be the info you are looking for, and it seems like your doing
it correctly...

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/NAC
fineshot1
NJ USA
chrismoll12

Post by chrismoll12 »

Verify squelch setting per channel is set to Digital CSQ
chrismoll12

Post by chrismoll12 »

chrismoll12 wrote:Verify squelch setting per channel is set to Digital CSQ
Channel - ASTRO - Rx Unmute rule, digital csq. Late entry fast unmute can be ticked off if

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”