XTL 05 Head Remote Diagram

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dsof31
New User

XTL 05 Head Remote Diagram

Post by dsof31 »

Hey all does anyone have a wiring diagram for an XTL 05 remote head set up. I have the kit just wanted to make sure I wire it correctly. It did not come with schematics.
Jim202

Re: XTL 05 Head Remote Diagram

Post by Jim202 »

dsof31 wrote:Hey all does anyone have a wiring diagram for an XTL 05 remote head set up. I have the kit just wanted to make sure I wire it correctly. It did not come with schematics.

Maybe I am missing something in trying to translate your question into just what your trying to ask. There are only 3 cables that normally get connected to the 05 head and radio. You have the interface cable going to the radio brick. Match the color of the cable connector between the radio and head with the color of the connector on the radio and control head. The accessory connector is the same thing. The last is the high current feed to the transmitter PA. Large red to +12 volts and large black to ground.

A little elaboration on the accessory cable. You have a:

black wire - goes to ground

yellow wire - goes to ignition power source

red wire - connect to +12 volts hot all the time.

This red wire can really screw you given the fact that if you switch it on and off with the ignition, it will cause the radio to pull about 700 ma. through the large PA +12 volt red wire on the radio when the ignition is off. There was a service note on this several years back about making sure it had a hot feed all the time or you would kill the vehicle given enough time.

Don't forget to fuse the power feeds.

Jim

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”