VIP input using a Motorola XTL 5000 with HHCH and DEK box.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VIP input using a Motorola XTL 5000 with HHCH and DEK box.

Post by 479 »

Looking for some opinions here. I have a 5K with an 03 HHCH. DEK box will be installed under the armrest. Looking for an easy way to activate the airhorn. I have done some reading on the VIP input control via the back of the DEK. Does anyone have any insight as to adding an external button to the DEK via VIP to activate the airhorn? Thank you.
motorola_otaku

Re: VIP input using a Motorola XTL 5000 with HHCH and DEK box.

Post by motorola_otaku »

The XTL installation manual has everything you need. The instructions will be for installing a horn ring transfer function, but what you're wanting to do will utilize the same VIP inputs and programming.

Post by 479 »

motorola_otaku wrote:The XTL installation manual has everything you need. The instructions will be for installing a horn ring transfer function, but what you're wanting to do will utilize the same VIP inputs and programming.
I am only seeing instructions in the manual in regards to an 05 head installation. I currently have the 03 HHCH installed and the hkn6145 cable between the brick, siren and the DEK. Siren functions normally well using the DEK buttons. Within CPS I programed VIP 1 to "horn" I cross pin 15 and either of the 10-12 ground pins and get no result. I have tried it with the siren button activated as well as the manual button and still no luck. Any guidance? Ive searched online for quite a while and can not seem to find my issue and a resolution. Thanks.
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Post by Code3 »

I don't have the exact details in front of me, but I believe you need to change the "Control Head VIP input source" in the Radio wide, Control head tab.

Post by 479 »

Code3 wrote:I don't have the exact details in front of me, but I believe you need to change the "Control Head VIP input source" in the Radio wide, Control head tab.

When you enable a DEK it seems to force the VIP functions to the rear of the DEK for VIP in and VIP out. Still no luck there.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”