First Digital radio question ?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

First Digital radio question ?

Post by RadioSouth »

Hi guys,
Alright I'm still in an Conventional Analog world on my Moto stuff but recently had a couple of the VHF channels I like to listen to go P25 Conventional and I'm looking to get something to monitor. I've been seeing non display XTS1500's and 5000's on Ebay at the sub $150. mark that might fit the bill. Anything I need to look for other that the radio having an IMBE flash ?
(do I need a BN over AN radio, assuming Phase 2 and 8400 Baud refer to trunking functions and not relevant for my basic conventional usage) ?
Bill_G

Re: First Digital radio question ?

Post by Bill_G »

I just bought a scanner that does v.kitchensink protocols. No screwing around.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Bill_G wrote:I just bought a scanner that does v.kitchensink protocols....
Shiowing your age Bill, these days it would be #kitchensink ... blurp errr bleep shhhhhh

For those too young to remember or for a nostalgia hit visit:

https://www.dialupsound.com/

With the sound on :)
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Astro Spectra wrote:
Bill_G wrote:I just bought a scanner that does v.kitchensink protocols....
Shiowing your age Bill, these days it would be #kitchensink ... blurp errr bleep shhhhhh

For those too young to remember or for a nostalgia hit visit:

https://www.dialupsound.com/

With the sound on :)
(chuckle) I stand corrected. Thanks!

Yeah. I had a similar problem in the last couple weeks, and being able to put an earball on the problem would have been handy. So, I got a scanner that can decode everything.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Have to admit same deal here, picked up a Whistler TRX-2 simply to assist with setting up radios. Recently did an DMR repeater install for an organization at a site, they then asked for help in coverage tests while we were on they way down from the mountain. However, customer did not know how their radios were programmed. A few minutes parked up with the scanner revealed TS, TG, and ID info sufficient to temporarily program up a Moto DMR for testing.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”