XTL5000 High power and Quick call II Vmute issue.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

alaskaradar
New User
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, Assorted Kenwood

XTL5000 High power and Quick call II Vmute issue.

Post by alaskaradar »

Thanks for looking:
I have poured over the forums and no resolution.
I have a local agency that still uses QCII and i am trying to figure out where i am going wrong with the Voice Mute funciton.

1: Agency is using custom 1Sec by 3sec tones, and as far as i know, NO PL or DPL. (Standard A/B format)
2: Conventional Profile is set receive only, Signaling, QCII, and both Call Alert and In-call are enabled.

3: The radio will detect the tone, and will display Page received and audibally alert and open the squelch when NOT in Vmute.

4: Where the problem comes in: When in Vmute, the radio recognises the tones, visually/Autibally alert,.. the speaker shows open, but the radio will not pass the audio until Vmute is disabled.
(Dont know if it makes a difference, but there is no break in the transmission transitioning from tone to dispatch.) The radio remains muted even after the time out although the speaker does not show muted.

I have tried ALL unmute/mute settings, Sel call/In-call reset settings. The recive only profile is NON-Astro.
Firmware, R20.50.05
DSP: R19.50.01
Codeplug 0024
M20KTS9PW1AN
Flashcode: 580088-801480-6

Any Suggestions?
Appreciate it.
Radar
alaskaradar
New User

Re: XTL5000 High power and Quick call II Vmute issue.

Post by alaskaradar »

No suggesitons i am assuming. I will keep checking as i go. thanks for looking.
---Radar
Black Sheep Customs
New User

Post by Black Sheep Customs »

How do you have that personality set? AND or OR? This will determine if the radio opens up the audio i believe..
alaskaradar
New User

Post by alaskaradar »

at this time i think that the Vmute needs the CTCSS tone to be sent with the signal. My county does not do that. so i think that has been the issue all along. I am gonna do more testing as i get the chance.

thanks for your thoughts.
---Radar

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”