Weird scan issue

Moderator: Queue Moderator

blackwater
What radios do you own?: XTS-5000, APX 7000 8/U

Weird scan issue

Post by blackwater »

So I have some XTS-5000 model 1's setup to scan 3 conventional channels. A couple of things are happening and I can't figure out if its a setting I've missed or what. So when you turn scan off via the programmed button it will not let you enable scan again without turning the radio off and back on. The radio seems to auto scan when you turn it on, the green light starts flashing. Auto scan isn't enabled in CPS. Running CPS 20.01, and the firmware is R16.02 for the radio.
Jim1348

Weird Scan Issue

Post by Jim1348 »

I think the Motorolas that I have programmed, I have generally used the toggle A-B-C to deal with scanning. Are you using the toggle switch or the side programmable button?
blackwater
What radios do you own?: XTS-5000, APX 7000 8/U

Re: Weird Scan Issue

Post by blackwater »

Jim1348 wrote:I think the Motorolas that I have programmed, I have generally used the toggle A-B-C to deal with scanning. Are you using the toggle switch or the side programmable button?
Well I have tried it in two different locations. The emergency button and the top button on the side of the radio. People are complaining about hitting the side button which is why I moved it to the emergency button.

**Update** I just moved it to the ABC toggle and it worked fine. That will solve the issue.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”