XTS 5000 Internal Mic Settings

Moderator: Queue Moderator

The Comish

XTS 5000 Internal Mic Settings

Post by The Comish »

Is there a way in the CPS to change the audio settings for the internal microphone? When speaking into the microphone my voice sounds distant on the other end, even though I am 4 to 5 inches away from the radio. Just to clarify I am only using the radio microphone, I do not have a speaker microphone attached. If I raise my voice above normal they others hear me fine, so I would just like to get some gain on the audio. Thank you.
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

Re: XTS 5000 Internal Mic Settings

Post by Hartley »

Yes - under "Radio Wide", "TX Audio Control per Mode" tab, you have a choice of analog vs. digital gain, or checking "AGC" for everything.

The supposed best setting is to check everything, then set "Output" to -3 (minus three) and "Total" to 12 (twelve) but you may have better luck with your own settings.

73 DE Hartley
The Comish

Post by The Comish »

Thanks very much Hartley...the settings worked. Problem resolved.

DE Larry
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

The Comish wrote:Thanks very much Hartley...the settings worked. Problem resolved.

DE Larry

Be careful how high you jack up the mic gain. It really needs to be done with a service monitor.

If you bring the gain up too much, it will also raise the background noise up. I normally use a service monitor to see just what is going on. The mics are designed to be close talked into. If you move the mic away 3 or 4 inches, you voice should start dropping off fairly sharply. If your in the bad habit of keeping the mic 4 to 6 inches away from your mouth, yes people will be hard pressed to hear what your saying.

Get over it and close talk the mic. That is the way they are designed to work.

Jim

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”