02 Head Rear Microphone Pinout and Wiring Help

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andrew93
New User

02 Head Rear Microphone Pinout and Wiring Help

Post by Andrew93 »

First time posting here, although I know my way around a simple radio install, I am still leaning with a lot of the more technical aspects. I have a APX6500 remote head mount radio. I am using a handset microphone and would like to use the J100 rear accessory plug in the rear of the O2 head for its connection, it would make the job much cleaner. We have a setup in another truck with a second microphone plugged into the rear accessory plug so I am figuring it can be done. I took the connector apart on that mic and below is a photo, I believe the white wire is a required jumper, but of the 5 wires in the mic cord only 3 are hooked up. Also will the colors be the same, there is an extension cable currently in use which is what is seen plugged into the remote head on the new install.

I ordered the pins and have the crimp tool. I am looking for some assistance on when I cut the microphone plug which wire goes where. I have not cut it yet since it is functioning currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a photo of how it currently is. I searched endlessly and cannot seem to find an answer otherwise.

Thanks

Andrew

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”