Mute All RX AUDIO ON APX8500HP

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ASTROMODAT

Mute All RX AUDIO ON APX8500HP

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Hi Guys!

So, I've searched here hi and low, but no joy. Is there a way via the CPS in Conventional non-trunked mode to program a control head option button to allow a single button push on the APX8500HP 02 CH to mute any and all received audio? I'm not talking about the tone beep sounds that eminate when pressing CH buttons, which is what the MUTE option does in the control head menu. I'm looking for a way to kill all received audio via a single button push, such as the big orange button on the upper right hand side of the CH (given it is not programmed for Emergency, or anything else). This way, if a cell call comes in, for instance, I could simply tap an option button programmmed for Audio MUTE to silence all received audio, and then re-tap it after the call to restore the RX audio. Right now, I have to rotate CCW the big 02 CH main knob a ton of times to lower the receive audio all the way down to zero, then undo this to restore the audio. Big PITA.

Any help much appreciated!
res6cue

Re: Mute All RX AUDIO ON APX8500HP

Post by res6cue »

There is no option available to mute all RX audio.

Here is a workaround:
  • Create a conventional personality named MUTE, add a BS channel that will never produce any audio (such as 775.10625) and name that MUTE also
  • Create a new zone named MUTE, and add that channel
  • Map the orange button to MS01
After programming the codeplug, navigate to that MUTE zone/channel, and long press the orange button to lock that channel in as the memory selection. Now, whenever you want to mute the radio, press the orange button to jump to the MUTE channel. When you're done, simply navigate back to your normal zone/channel (map the Home button to the most used channel to make the jump easier).

No, it's not a perfect solution because you won't be able to see activity on the display, but in lieu of an actual mute function, it's probably the best you can do. And of course with the display showing MUTE, it'll remind you to switch back.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Hi res6cue!

Thank you for your quick response! This is a perfect solution, and I have the CPS open right now to implement this solution. I especially like the idea of the Zone name being ‘MUTE.’ This way, I won’t forget to switch back.

Thanks again, res6cue!
C17LVFD

Post by C17LVFD »

Don’t forget to put a pl or Dpl on the freq and make it receive only.

Seth
Seth

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”