[Any info on CIE addressing]

Discussion about Centracom (Button & LED / CRT / Gold / Elite), MC Series (MC5500/7100/7500), and legacy console equipment.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OldDawg
New User

[Any info on CIE addressing]

Post by OldDawg »

Any info on CIE addressing??

I'm at a point right now where the GUI won't take the database...any database......it tells me persprom sync......and it hangs @ 99%. If I shut it off and restart it I get an internal communication error.

This is maddening.
jmfirefighter20
What radios do you own?: /\/\ AS, APX7000

Re: [Any info on CIE addressing]

Post by jmfirefighter20 »

There shouldn't be any addressing for the CIE. The COIM card in the CEB has to have a TDM address assigned to it in the database and via the dipswitches on the COIM card. The CIE-CEB wire needs to be plugged into one of the two terminations on the CEB card cage where the COIM is located. Termination P4 is for card slot 5, and P5 is for card slot 6. Make sure they're in the right spots.

If your TDM addressing is correct in the database and on the COIM dipswitches, and everything is plugged in the right spots, try pulling the plug on the CIE while the GIU is hanging and plug it back in. I had a CCGE Op that would need "help" kicking over when restarting sometimes. You can also try to press the little reset button on the COIM card as well.
Joshua
W1DPT
Raymond, NH
d119

Re: [Any info on CIE addressing]

Post by d119 »

Are you certain that your local machine name matches the one in the CDM? Your computer name of the workstation you are at MUST match the one programmed into the COIM that the associated CIE is connected to.

Also, verify DIP switch #8 ON THE COIM IN THE CEB is set correctly for Gold Elite, and not Gold Classic. I don't recall which way is which. If it was working before, it's probably not the issue.

Return to “Consoles”