MIP 5000 Tone Gateway Config

Discussion about Centracom (Button & LED / CRT / Gold / Elite), MC Series (MC5500/7100/7500), and legacy console equipment.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

MIP 5000 Tone Gateway Config

Post by tuckerm »

I have a four position MIP 5000 setup. Everything works great except our MTR2000 radio on a single channel has never worked. I can hear activity on the channel on the recorder, but not through the MIP 5000. Occasionally, I can hear a little audio on it but then it goes quiet...even though the audio is perfect on the recorder. Transmit audio is fine.

I have the IP addressing of all the MIP 5000 tone gateways and the admin password for the MIP 5000 software itself. Where would I go to tweak the audio on the one gateway that is quiet?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
tuckerm

Re: MIP 5000 Tone Gateway Config

Post by tuckerm »

So I had some time to take a look around. I made it into the CSDM. I have two questions.

1. What are the default settings for an MTR2000 being controlled by tone remote? Particularly the RX audio settings as I am not getting audio from the MTR2000 to appear at the console.
2. Once I make changes I save the Database XML file, but where do I upload it from there? I found where there is upload options to the tone remote using the DCPM Service manager, but I'm looking for the option of uploading the saved DB XML file from the config file from CSDM.

Thanks.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
Dorf411

Post by Dorf411 »

It has been a while since I have done any configuration on the MIP5000 but as I recall when in the CSDM after you make changes you need to tell it to generate config files. That will place the new config files on the CSDM computer for the gateways to download when they boot up. So then you would need to physically unplug/plug in the gateway so it can reboot and load its new config files that you just updated. There are other ways to make the gateway do that but since you have obviously not read the manual I won't bother. You may want to reload the console application as well just to be safe. I suspect you need to go into the TX/RX tab and reduce the RX level to a lower setting, as I recall it acts sort of like a squelch.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

The TX/RX to a lower setting fixed the issue. Testing with my portable seems to have worked. Thank you very much for the info.

Return to “Consoles”