MIP5000 Gurus???

Discussion about Centracom (Button & LED / CRT / Gold / Elite), MC Series (MC5500/7100/7500), and legacy console equipment.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

MIP5000 Gurus???

Post by Andy Brinkley »

I purchased a radio lot for the subscriber units and when I started inventorying everything it appears I also have a complete 8 channel 2 position MIP5000. As best I can tell the system is complete from the USB PTT switches / microphones / PC's / CSDM / Routers / MIP-5000 gateways and the control stations.

Any tips on setting the system back up? I have started looking at the info on MOL and what is there is pretty basic.

TNX
Andy / NC4AB
Dorf411

Re: MIP5000 Gurus???

Post by Dorf411 »

Make sure you have the USB channel license dongle. Find a copy of the MIP5000 manual and start reading, it is actually very intuitive and straight forward. I may still have a PDF copy of an older version but I have not messed with them for over 4 years. Start with the CSDM and configure the parameters for each of the gateways like IP address and type tone, local, or digital. Just go through the menu and you will see just how straight forward it is.
Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Post by Andy Brinkley »

Dorf411 -

Thanks for the quick reply, the system appears complete with the USB dongles. The agency switched to an 800 MHz system and the MIP5000 was boxed up and put in storage. The gateways have IP addresses assigned and it looks like everything is here to get the system up and running, just got to sort out the parts and plug everything up.
Andy / NC4AB
Dorf411

Post by Dorf411 »

Should be easy then, just plug in all of the gateways and connect to a network switch and turn on the PC's also connected to a switch and you should see the channel icons on the screen and hopefully they will be there without the large X over them. The tough part may be the lack of passwords to access the system as I don't believe there are any default passwords, just the one the administrator created when setting up the CSDM and what you may encounter with Windows.
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

What model gateways did you get? If they're TRBO Gateways you'll need a radio connected to the gateway in order for the resource to go green and not error out on the console.

You should be able to fire up the PC, make sure the DCPM is running with no errors and then launch the MIP application.

Return to “Consoles”