Low Profile Allband Antennas

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mavericknet
What radios do you own?: HT1250 VHF, CDM1550 UHF

Low Profile Allband Antennas

Post by mavericknet »

Greetings all,

Has anyone found a good source for a low profile all-band antenna? We use the Phantom Elite as our primary for 7/800 installs. We have a handful of units running MultiBand 7500 and 8500s, I understand the Phantom Elite is a bit small maybe for an all-band but the Motorola All Band Antenna is enormous.

Thanks all.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: Low Profile Allband Antennas

Post by com501 »

The giant donkey dong antennas from Moto and other sources seem to be the only ones available. Ugly as sin.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

com501 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:51 am
The giant donkey dong antennas from Moto and other sources seem to be the only ones available. Ugly as sin.
The Larsen looks like an all band scanner antenna... which it pretty much based on.. Much more ascetically pleasing and performance wise
mavericknet
What radios do you own?: HT1250 VHF, CDM1550 UHF

Post by mavericknet »

com501 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:51 am
Yep, I have those now and I really don't care for their aesthetic but that's not my concern. The handful of small vehicles that have multiband have them and I'm fine with that. I have one oversize vehicle that has a porcupine patch on the roof. Most of the single band radios installed on it have moved to phantoms because of clearance issues. The open coil 800 antennas and 1/4 wave vhf whips get pigtailed at the top. The allband I fear would simply exit the roof when pulling out of the storage facility.

They make an all band for the 8000 that would be short enough to meet the need, not sure why there's not a more compact offering for NMO.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”