Spectra A7 in Pontiac Grand Am

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

linkinpark9812
What radios do you own?: Spectra, HT1000, Icom F30

Spectra A7 in Pontiac Grand Am

Post by linkinpark9812 »

I've had this for a while but I figured I would post it. I have a double DIN, and have a Pioneer HU with the Motorola Spectra A7 control head (Its a 110W VHF unit, which is in the trunk). At the time, it was somewhat of a pain to find an A7 remote control head. On top of that, they weren't in good shape. So I managed to get a crappy A7 remote control head, and then a "reface" kit. However, it all came with blank keys. So I talked to the guy on eBay where I ordered it from and was able to order each specific key I wanted for a very reasonable price, and got a good looking control head with everything properly labeled (except for Securenet, that is really RSSI).

It works great!

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2113 ... 155636.jpg
Radios I own: Spectra VHF 110W with A7 head, HT1000 VHF, ICOM IC-F30 VHF, and a Puxing PX-888 VHF.
Scanner I own: Radioshack Pro-164

If you want to get around the 16 mode scan limit on the Motorola Spectra, then read this guide and go to the original thread Here! 8)

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”