2011 Crown Victoria UHF A7 Spectra Install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

2011 Crown Victoria UHF A7 Spectra Install

Post by MT2000 man »

Hey all, just got a new 2011 Crown Vic, and figured I'd show you some install pictures of the A7 Spectra ! Enjoy !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And the car itself :

motorola_otaku

Re: 2011 Crown Victoria UHF A7 Spectra Install

Post by motorola_otaku »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the gas tank underneath that back shelf in the trunk?
wx4cbh

Re: 2011 Crown Victoria UHF A7 Spectra Install

Post by wx4cbh »

Yes, it is. Good question, and as long as you put the mounting hardware on the proper side of the latitudinal stiffener stamping in that shelf, you miss the tank. If not, you punch the tank. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he knows about the tank until we hear different, and that he's even smarter than most and installed the threaded inserts that use a short machine screw instead of just using the ubiquitous sheet metal screws.
curmudgeon.....and I like it.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”