dual mics and speakers on a xtl 1500

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cmac76
New User

dual mics and speakers on a xtl 1500

Post by cmac76 »

i am looking to add a mic and speaker at the pump panel on some of our trucks. i am fairly sure everything i need is available on the accessory plug but has anyone done this? all of our radios are out of warranty and i would hate to send one back to the depot. i am really flexible on what mic i can use but i am guessing one of the cdm mics would be easier.

any info would be great
Jim202

Re: dual mics and speakers on a xtl 1500

Post by Jim202 »

cmac76 wrote:i am looking to add a mic and speaker at the pump panel on some of our trucks. i am fairly sure everything i need is available on the accessory plug but has anyone done this? all of our radios are out of warranty and i would hate to send one back to the depot. i am really flexible on what mic i can use but i am guessing one of the cdm mics would be easier.

any info would be great

You can connect an external mic to the accessory connector. Depending on the mic used, you may have to adjust the external mic gain setting. This is done in the software. The connections are listed in the service manual for the accessory connector.

Depending on the speaker used, you should not have an issue.

Jim
cmac76
New User

Post by cmac76 »

does a 2nd mic have any effect on the 1st one? can they both be used(not at the same time)?
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

cmac76 wrote:does a 2nd mic have any effect on the 1st one? can they both be used(not at the same time)?

They are indepent of each other. Even have their own audio circuits.

If you have access to the MOL site, you could download the install manual # 6815851H01-R. It has a page with the pin connections of the rear accessory connector. Problem is you will probably need some pins # 3980034F04 for a pk/5 to add the connections to the radio.

Jim
cmac76
New User

Post by cmac76 »

thanks Jim, i will get some pins on the way and see what we can do
cmac76
New User

Post by cmac76 »

hehe, i got it working!

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”