W3 or O3 HHCH and an XTL 2500

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

topcop1833

W3 or O3 HHCH and an XTL 2500

Post by topcop1833 »

I have several 2500 trunk mounts. I'm looking into a project that would look much cleaner using HHCHs. Is there a wa y to convert 2500s over? I've heard just by word of mouth that it's not plossible, and that HHCHs are only supported om the 5000s and APX series.

Bassicly I want to put them all into a small 19 inch rack and I can save some spave using remote heads.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: W3 or O3 HHCH and an XTL 2500

Post by spectragod »

5k or a APX is all that supports the W3 or 03 head. Unless you hack the radio.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”