New thread for "2011 Jeep Patriot install?"

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kds
New User

New thread for "2011 Jeep Patriot install?"

Post by kds »

I tried to respond to this thread: http://batboard.batlabs.com/posting.php ... 8&p=435420 that I participated in for an update of what another person in that thread ended up doing for their install... but my post got disapproved by a queue moderator and was told to start a new thread since the original thread was so old (despite the fact that the thread was on the first page of this subforum, and previous thread participants would have been notified of new activity so they can answer my question...) so here I am starting a new thread... if the moderators want to change their mind and merge this thread with the old one, that would be meaningful and much appreciated.
Johnny Grep wrote:I am thinking about using a RAM-HOL-UN4U with a remote head radio, but am not sure it'll fit either. I am thinking about mounting it on the laptop mount's pole using a RAM-B-108U-GP1 V-Base strap mount.

As for what I am trying to mount, at this time it's a remote head M7100IP and a Kenwood NX700 might follow later.
What did you end up doing? I'm looking to move my radios around so they are actually within an arms length instead of having to reach over into the passenger's area. I am looking at using a RAM mount, arm style.

As it turns out, the local PD has a Jeep Patriot in their fleet. I'm told their radio(s) are bolted to the passenger's side of the shifter console. I see it around usually only for special events and winter storms so I will have to look inside next time I see it stopped. That plastic on the side of the console seems really flimsy -- with the vehicle bouncing around I'm not sure that would be a secure attachment over time as it vibrates.
posse401
What radios do you own?: MT2000, Saber I, SP50, Spectra

Re: New thread for "2011 Jeep Patriot install?"

Post by posse401 »

I can't speak for the Patriot, but I used to drive a Jeep Cherokee at work and the radio was mounted in this same fashion on the side of the console. It was a full size Spectra and we never had a problem with the radio moving, making noise, etc. It was pretty solidly mounted. One of our other units had a tree-style radio/switch mount and that took up too much room on the passenger side. The side mount of the radio and a switch box right next to it worked out fine.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”