Speaker Placement 2008 Tahoe

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ILuvXMRadio
What radios do you own?: Plenty

Speaker Placement 2008 Tahoe

Post by ILuvXMRadio »

Where are you guys stashing your speakers when there are more than 1 radios? I thought about a speaker combiner, but... I think I need to stick with independent speakers.

Where are some suggestions for locating 3 speakers (V,U,8) in the Tahoe? I'd prefer to hide them as best as possible, but typically enjoy having the audio 'clear' and legible with the lowest audio output. I wish there was a way to put one over my shoulder on the B-piller so I could have very low audio volume (not to disturb others in the vehicle, while still being able to copy traffic)..... Just thoughts.

Some how I will probably end up putting them by the passengers feet and deal with the wife saying "Turn it down"....... ::sigh::
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Speaker Placement 2008 Tahoe

Post by FireCpt809 »

on the G rides I do we stash them under the passenger seat facing up forward..
JeffFireRadio

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Okay, I did exactly what you are doing...2008 Tahoe, 3 XTL5000s (V/U/8).... We were lucky to have extra new Motorola XTL speaker cables with the Molex connector/pins already on them (leftover from a helicopter XTL project). We bought HSN8145B speakers (same watts & ohms...just smaller) and soldered these extra XTL speaker cable kits on in place of the factory CDM/CM speaker wires. We placed one speaker under the driver's seat (aft, facing aft), passenger's seat (aft, facing aft), and under the steering column above the driver's legs (facing aft). There is a place for one speaker at those locations. The audio quality and volume is good, and, we can tell which radio is talking by "where" the signal is coming from (handy, as we're using O-3s with them in the console for concealment). Probably not enough volume if you're going to be running a siren while listening to radios. Good luck with your project.
ILuvXMRadio
What radios do you own?: Plenty

Post by ILuvXMRadio »

Thanks. I'll end up posting some pics when I get the install completed.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”