2005 Crown Vic problem

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

2005 Crown Vic problem

Post by arlojanis »

I have a 2005 Crown Vic with a problem. I started the engine and the parking brake light and the ABS lights stayed on. I tried to increase the air conditioner and the fan was dead. I shut off the engine for a few minutes and restarted and everything was OK.
I think it may be a relay problem. Which relay is it and how do I find it?
"The world runs on radio."
Bill_G

Re: 2005 Crown Vic problem

Post by Bill_G »

Get an OBDII code reader.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

A generic ODBII reader likely won't help. ODBII does really well for drive-line issues (engine, transmission, etc.) and for emissions issues, less so for others. If you do get a code scanner, you need to be sure it can read not just the main CAN bus, but any auxiliary buses as well, AND knows the Ford-specific codes.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

That sounds like one of the ignition wires wasn't powered. Had it ever had a remote start, ignition override? The module where all the electrical connections are made when the key is turned could be on the way south as well.
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

No modifications to any vehicle wiring. The problem has happened twice in the last year. Both times were at 5 pm after being not driven for 4 hours.
"The world runs on radio."
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

arlojanis wrote:No modifications to any vehicle wiring. The problem has happened twice in the last year. Both times were at 5 pm after being not driven for 4 hours.

There is always the possibility that there is a connector going through the firewall that carries all this to the relay box on the fender. Can't remember that vehicle, but you might just have a removable connector on the engine side. Probably a couple of screws or bolts. I would expect to find some corrosion there.

Jim

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”