2012 Ford F250 center console

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

2012 Ford F250 center console

Post by BigTex1136 »

OK so I was out of town for some fire training in this small town at the ford dealer sat a brand new 2012 f250 diesel crew cab with the off road package. Never the less the deal was sweet for a new two year old truck with only 400 miles so I bought it. Now in this truck there is a center jump seat that needs to go. I want to find a center console for this truck to mount my two radios in and maybe some cup holders. Looked online all I can find is the dash mounted console. Does anyone know of a nice center console for this truck?

Its a 2012 ford f250 crew cab
GOT MODAT?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: 2012 Ford F250 center console

Post by SteveC0625 »

Two thoughts...

First, any of the console companies (Troy, Jotto, etc.) should be able to tell you which of their standard consoles will fit nicely in that truck. You may have to give them a call.

Second, ask over on elightbars.org. Those guys do lots of upfitting and the current Super Duties are very popular for use in Fire, Police, and EMS applications. And they have a very active buy/sell area where you might find a bargain.

I've got a '12 F250 Super Cab, pretty much the same truck as yours, but mine has the big center console from the XLT option group. I pulled one pair of the cup holders to make room for a 7" video screen. The brain of my two-way radio is in the bottom of the center console. It is remoted up to the top of the dash board in the center. The remote head is not big enough to block my view of the windshield wipers, let alone the hood or the road.

The two-way is a Motorola CDM1250 VHF. I have a UHF twin to that which will be installed shortly. There is enough room on the top of the dashboard for the second CDM remote head. Should work out pretty well.

I got the truck with the basic AM-FM-CD and then swapped that out for a HD aftermarket JVC that I already had. That went into 1/2 of a double din adapter. The upper half was used to mount the GPS and XM Radio units, again, stuff that I already had.

Here's a pic just for comparison's sake.

Let us know how it goes.
BigTex1136

Post by BigTex1136 »

Nice, yeah mine is also XLT but has the stupid jump seat in the middle and other then the dash there is no place to install any radios. Thanks for the input I was checking out Jotto and Havis both have some nice stuff. Was going to call them tomorrow and see what I could get out of them. I Like Havis and they have arm rests to keep the wife happy. Plus cup holders are a plus too after all its still my POV. I'll check out the web site you posted also see what I can dig up there. I will post picks when its all done.
GOT MODAT?
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

I just poked around elightbars.org and found quite a bit that should help you. Just search on ford f250 console or ford f350 console - there are a bunch of threads that come up with pics and part numbers. You should find something to your liking.

Word of caution, apparently Ford changed the interior between the '09 and '10 (or between '10 and "11, it's clear which) model years so that there is a width difference between the front seats when the center jump seat is removed. Just have to clear on the width you need and the width you are buying.

One thread has good pics of the brackets needed to bridge the floor where the heat ducts are.

If I was in your shoes, I'd also check a couple of salvage yards to see if they have the fancier XTL console like mine or the in between version. There is a lot you can do with them with just a faceplate or two. The arm rest of the full console is awesome!

Edit to add: Also, ford-trucks.com is a huge forum for us Super Duty owners. Lots of good info there.
BigTex1136

Post by BigTex1136 »

Hey Steve thanks for the input. I got on and found what I wanted and got a deal on everything. Now I am just waiting for it to come in. I have started the radio installs and ran wires and that good stuff. Main reason I needed my VHF radio in the truck sooner then later. Anyways I will have pics later after its all done. Thanks again for your help
GOT MODAT?
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

I asked about a 2011 and got a great reply. Don't know if the 2012 is the same exactly though. Maybe some info you can use here....

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=98095
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

MSS-Dave wrote:I asked about a 2011 and got a great reply. Don't know if the 2012 is the same exactly though. Maybe some info you can use here....

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=98095
Tex and I were talking about the F250/350/450 consoles and seats. They are the same from 2011 on. I spend a lot of time searching over on the ford truck forum on this topic. A lot of guys have swapped out or customized consoles in this newest incarnation of the Super Duty. I only needed to learn how to safely disassemble mine, but found a wealth of related info.

I'm not 100% on the F150's, but my EMS Chief has an '09 that appears identical to the '13's and '14's.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”