Troy Console Screw Question

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

alex
Administrator

Troy Console Screw Question

Post by alex »

Does anyone have another source besides ordering up AC-TSSCR25 from Troy for these screws? I would actually like to try and find some that are double the length plus have some spares.

Anyone know the exact specs and maybe a good 3rd party source for them?

Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Troy Console Screw Question

Post by SteveC0625 »

alex wrote:Does anyone have another source besides ordering up AC-TSSCR25 from Troy for these screws? I would actually like to try and find some that are double the length plus have some spares.

Those are Torx Security Screws. Lowes lists them in lots of sizes on their website. I would venture a guess that they're widely available through most any decent hardware store as well.

Take one with you to the store and match the size (diameter) and threads per inch. Then you will know what you are looking for. You pick the length.

If you really want/need black Torx Security Screws, you may have to do a bit of googling to find a vendor.

If you don't really need the Torx Security Screw, then you'll find matching size screws in a variety of head types and lengths at most any decent hardware store. Color choices are better, too.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

So does anyone know the specs of these screws? Hard to go to Lowe's to compare when you don't have them in hand :(
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

alex wrote:Does anyone have another source besides ordering up AC-TSSCR25 from Troy for these screws? I would actually like to try and find some that are double the length plus have some spares.

Alex
I do not find that screw parts number info on the Troy Products website anywhere.
Can you supply a link please?

I am on very good terms with the Troy staff - i will email them and see if i can
find out more info.
fineshot1
NJ USA
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

fineshot1 wrote:I do not find that screw parts number info on the Troy Products website anywhere.
http://www.troyproducts.com/products/miscitems.htm
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

RFguy wrote:
fineshot1 wrote:I do not find that screw parts number info on the Troy Products website anywhere.
http://www.troyproducts.com/products/miscitems.htm
Strange - when you click on the Products icon there is no misc items icon to click on
to get to that page. When i spoke to Bebe Bornais today she noted that they were in
the throws of having some updates on this website so perhaps it is temporarily obscured
from view. Not sure why i can not see that icon to click on.
fineshot1
NJ USA
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Ok they are T15 6 lobe, button head, black oxide, 1/2" length and 8/32

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”