2013 Ford Expedition Lighting Question

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mhodgson

2013 Ford Expedition Lighting Question

Post by mhodgson »

I have recently transitioned to a 2013 Ford Expedition Special Service package vehicle and wondered if anyone has a factory wiring detail that shows where to cut and insert the headlight flasher and tailback flasher into the system. I am surprised that Sound Off, that makes the flashers we use, doesn't have diagrams specific to the vehicles.

Any help appreciated.

Mike
Will

Re: 2013 Ford Expedition Lighting Question

Post by Will »

Did you look on Ford's up fitters web pages?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Will

Post by Will »

Thank you Steve.

Too bad they do not have something like that for a 2012 Jeep Liberty Sport.......
mhodgson

Post by mhodgson »

Thank you Steve. It doesn't appear that the information is specific to the Expedition since if I am not mistaken, the Utility Interceptor would be the Explorer....I will look around but very good info regardless.

Mike
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

mhodgson wrote:Thank you Steve. It doesn't appear that the information is specific to the Expedition since if I am not mistaken, the Utility Interceptor would be the Explorer....I will look around but very good info regardless.
Mike,

There should be an upfitters guide for the SSV Expedition and/or the F150 somewhere on that Ford site. It took me some poking around, but I found all kinds of guides for my F250 in that same section of the Ford Fleet website.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

There is no upfitter guide for the Special service Expedition. The headlight flasher wire is just done at the highbeam wire behind the headlight. The tail light flasher is done usually in the rear behind the interior trim close to the tail lights. Sound off inc has all the exact colors.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”