Add a bluetooth to my car radio

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

samsmith
New User

Add a bluetooth to my car radio

Post by samsmith »

I have a old autoradio (cassette and not AUX input ) in my car. But i don't want change because it pretty. I just want to add bluetooth. I leave FM
receiver side for the true audio / radio.

I want to know if i purchase both parts :

TDA7388 four-channel 41W audio amplifier board and
Bluetooth home-car receiver adaptor
I connect the audio amplifier with bluetooh receiver and power amplifier with speaker and i add a switch, to switch(speakers) between true audioradio/power amplifier.

I know i must add a power convert 12V->5V for the Bluetooth module.

I want to know if this is good "cheap" solution ?
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Add a bluetooth to my car radio

Post by wavetar »

have you looked into a Parrot kit?

https://www.parrot.com/ca/car-kits#Hightlight

They make wiring harnesses that interface into almost any vehicle radio system, to give you Bluetooth phone & music audio through your car radio speakers. They auto-mute the radio when using the phone as well. We sold a ton of these over the last 8/9 years. Not any more with built-in bluetooth becoming standard in nearly every vehicle now.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”