My radio install in my 2000 mecury mountaineer

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ke7joi

My radio install in my 2000 mecury mountaineer

Post by ke7joi »

ok at long last here are the picture`s of my 2000 mecury mountaineer installation
Starting from the outside
left front cowl is a 6 meter nmo max rad
right front cowl is a modified radio shack scanner 3/8 24 mount
front of roof is a Xm satalite antenna
behind that is a larsen 2 meter 70 cm antenna
next inline is wilson cellphone nno mount
behind the cell antenna is a 5/8 wave 2 meter antenna
and on the back roof is a motorola 900 nmo antenna

Here is a close up of the roof

Here is a close up of the front

And now for the inside.
First up on the left side of the console is a radio shack scanner model # PRO 2055
On the left side of the consol in back of the scanner. Is a home made interface that allows me to charge a gtx 900 handheld radio. It also allows me to connect the 900 spectra and the vhf spectra to form a crossband repeater for the handheld radio. If enabled by the switch on the front. when the handheld radio is removed the radios configure for crossband repeat.
on the right side of the console out of sight is a alinco 6 meter radio.
First up on the top of the control stack is the control head for a Icom 208H 2 meter 70cm radio.
Next in the stack is the control head for a motorola spectra the is programed of 2 meter ham
Next in the stack is the control head for a motorola 900 spectra that is programed for 900 ham

the VHF spectra Radio is a 110 watt mounted on the rear deck. Soon to be covered by a false floor. The 900 spectra radio deck is mounted under the right rear seat soon to be moved to the rear deck. the control interface box for the crossband repeater is under the left rear seat soon to be moved to the rear deck. The icom 208H is mounted to the left of steering wheel soon to be moved under the left rear seat.
Joel
KE7JOI
1 900 Spectra
1 VHF Spectra
3 900 GTX Portables
1 900 GTX Mobile
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Re: My radio install in my 2000 mecury mountaineer

Post by MT2000 man »

Nice install ! You defiantly have more antennas on your roof then I do on mine :)
I also notice that your electronic climate control is the exact same that was on my 2005 Crown Vic. Wow . . . Ford does not seem to change much lol :)
cablemonkey

Post by cablemonkey »

I've always hated those moto chrome nut antennas. (rust ring)
Ospre
New User
What radios do you own?: MTS2k, Spectra A4,A5,A7,Saber

Post by Ospre »

8)
Nice antenna farm you got there.
Looks good :)
Captain715
New User

Post by Captain715 »

How did you mount your antennas on the fiberglass front quarter panels? Do you have any receive issues?
ke7joi

Post by ke7joi »

Captain715 wrote:How did you mount your antennas on the fiberglass front quarter panels? Do you have any receive issues?
The Mountianeer is all steel except for some plastic trim panels. I need to up date the pictures as that antenna is no longer in that location.
Joel
KE7JOI
1 900 Spectra
1 VHF Spectra
3 900 GTX Portables
1 900 GTX Mobile

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”