accessory connection for 09 Chevy & GMC trucks

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VSP5151

accessory connection for 09 Chevy & GMC trucks

Post by VSP5151 »

I searched this site and did not find an answer. Did see where someone said there was a brown wire coming by the steering post that was the accessory lead but we couldn't find the brown lead. Where can you get a low current accessory (not ignition) connection for the ignition sense for a two way radio? I searched both fuseholders in the Chevy/GMC. Can find one that is ignition but would prefer accessory. Chevy dealer knew nothing. This is for the 3/4 and 1/2 ton pickup truck series. THANKS IN ADVANCE
kminton
New User

Re: accessory connection for 09 Chevy & GMC trucks

Post by kminton »

check under the dash on the left hand side of the firewall. remove the black cover, you might have to put some grunt on it because the clips on the sides are tight, and test those pins. they have some ignition and batt 12 volt low current pins there. the panel should be just beside the triangular plastic piece with the hood release on it.
N0SIH
New User
What radios do you own?: Too many to list in this box

Re: accessory connection for 09 Chevy & GMC trucks

Post by N0SIH »

As mentioned by KMINTON I used the ignition pins in the same box for radio installs in 2 09 chevy Silverado 4x4 3/4 ton trucks. Main power cable through the frewall to junction block under hood. No problems. Jeff/N0SIH
2-Moxy, 2 Maxar-80, 2 HT-50, 2 Maxtrac VHF, 3 SP-50, 2 P110, 1 GM-300,1 M-1225,
12 M-100, 10 MTX-HT,1 STX-HT, 1 Mostar, 1 Flexar repeater on UHF ham, 1 GR-300 UHF on ham, 1 GR-500 on VHF, 6 P-200 HT. Oh and a couple of crates of Micor junk too.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”