ht1250 convertacom

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

habfirelt
New User
What radios do you own?: syntor x 9000, ht1250, kw 2180

ht1250 convertacom

Post by habfirelt »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-VHF-HT1250 ... .m20.l1116

ok there is the ebay link. i am looking to buy this product. can anyone help me with some info on this product. how much more power do i get. is it all there. will they transmit good. please folks help me out
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: ht1250 convertacom

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Read the post carefully. It tells you that, like almost all Motorola convertacoms, there is NO amplifier in the unit. What you get for RF output is what your HT puts out. You can also look up this unit on the Motorola website, including spec sheets.

You can run the output of the convertacom into an external amplifier if you need more power.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
vamedic826
What radios do you own?: HT-1550, HT-1250, CDM 1550

Post by vamedic826 »

What will you be using it for. I have one in a closet some where. When I used I was responding to Fire/Ems Calls daily. It worked great. One of the benfits is the adapter for the Radio. To allow you to use an external antenna. And by moving the antenna out of the vehicle and higher up. It might help
HarrisonRHW
What radios do you own?: Waris Stuff

Post by HarrisonRHW »

You can get a TPL amplifier to help increase the power if you need to. I know 5W to 110W amplifiers are in the $600 range, but I have seen ones that do a lot less amplification, for a much better deal, especially used (in the $100 range). Considering the cost of one of those normally, and what you can get one for in that condition WITH THE SOFTWARE (!) I would jump on it and start hunting it for an amplifier. If you use a 3dB gain antenna you usually help the performance a lot, as people have said.

I personally would jump on it, but I am looking to upgrade to cosmo stuff. The nice thing about the waris units is that as far as Convertacoms go, these aren't that heavy, and not that large - especially considering it is one unit for everything minus amplification power. You can mount it on a vehicle specific mount from a company like ProFit or ProClip USA
uman18
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, XTL5000 UHF/VHF

Post by uman18 »

Whats the softwear need for?

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”