Installing a MX300R Military Veh. convertacom

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

holdog101

Installing a MX300R Military Veh. convertacom

Post by holdog101 »

Anyone know about the MX300R convertacom? I got one to put into my 1985 M1009 CUCV Blazer. I need to know what All the 5 pin and ant. cables look like and where they go. Also power 12/24? and speaker? it has to sets of wires with rubber connectors one RED/BLACK (power) and GREEN/WHITE(speaker?) dont know i got 2 MX300R's both work great and talk to each other. I just need pics or install guide to mount the convertacom unit the truck.

Thanks
Wesley
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Re: Installing a MX300R Military Veh. convertacom

Post by abbylind »

Wes
The red and black are hot and ground respectively. If there isnt a 12 watt speaker then I believe those other wires are for 1/2 watt audio. It should be set up for 12 volts. Your M1009 uses 24 volts for the starter but you've also got 24 volts in the cab for those singars radios!
Ive got a M1008 CUCV they are quite the beasts!

Fowler
KC5AEE
Q: Does this unit come with a speaker?
A: hello yes its in the radio thanks
holdog101

Post by holdog101 »

Thanks for the info, now i just need to know about the two 5 pin connectors, i know one is for the mic the other looks offset to the left for the lineup of the 5 pin connector? the other is antenna i think, male end with screew i cant seem to find any match for this type of antenna, it would need to have female screew end and be UHF, unless there is some kind of adapter? who knows. Well thanks anyhow.--wes
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

Wes
I cant remember but I think the 5 pin is for the amplified speaker. The antenna connector is a Type N connector (common on military equip). You can buy adaptors for a Type N to whatever you need fairly easy.

Good luck

Fowler
Q: Does this unit come with a speaker?
A: hello yes its in the radio thanks

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”