Looking for info on terminal/ distrabution block

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

racerman1cars

Looking for info on terminal/ distrabution block

Post by racerman1cars »

I need a block that I can feed with # 6 or 8 and get two wires off of to feed radio and a pa. I saw some where but I don't remember a block that was called a sea or ? it was a marine one. does anybody know what I am refering to? or another one of some type that will work.
Steve
Steve Humphreys
KG4JNQ
tvsjr

Re: Looking for info on terminal/ distrabution block

Post by tvsjr »

You're probably thinking of Blue Sea Systems, google it. Alternately, a car audio power distribution block would work.
racerman1cars

Post by racerman1cars »

Thanks Terry that is what I was looking for!
Steve
Steve Humphreys
KG4JNQ
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

The ST products are probably what you want, assuming you want individual fuses and a ground buss:
http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productline/126

Akardam, among others, runs these in his vehicle. I'll probably go to them in the next vehicle.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Yar. Nothing but praise for those puppies. The hammies can toot about their rig-runners all day, but for a good solid mobile install these things can't be beat.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

akardam wrote:Yar. Nothing but praise for those puppies. The hammies can toot about their rig-runners all day, but for a good solid mobile install these things can't be beat.
You mean I have been doing all of LE installs wrong using the rig runner????? :o
Andy Corbin

Post by Andy Corbin »

I have used these which work quite well.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product ... 009&r=view

I have seen them with a various number of circuit slots. I generally get the 6 circuit models. What I like about them is they have a ground lug. With all the plastic in today's vehicles, its almost impossible to find a ground point. This puts your hot point and ground point close together for easier and neater wiring. Also, easier to service the "whatever" you are installing.

Andy
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Thumbs up for Blue Sea Systems.... I should bug my Tessco rep and see if they would carry them.

I've used 5-10 of them in a bunch of random installs.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

+2 on Blue Sea. FYI Boater's World is going out of business. You all should find what you need now! Even if you don't need it now!
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”