No audio from newly installed HSN1000B with XTVA

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RescueU
New User

No audio from newly installed HSN1000B with XTVA

Post by RescueU »

Hi folks.

I've installed an XTVA (closed face with mini-UHF) that has the controller handset and I picked up an HSN1000B 6-Watt PA speaker. I got a brand new speaker cable from our radio shop that has the correct molex connectors.

Alas, getting no sound through the speaker!

As expected, when I plug the molex connector into J1 slot, it kills the XTS5000's speaker. When first supplying power to the system, I can hear juice "click" initially at the speaker, but nothing further.

I've examined the speaker cable and it has the proper 3-to-6 jumpers at both ends. It also has a Gray cable (speaker side) that would coincide slot 1... but can't tell where it goes to. Slot 1 is empty @ radio end.

Before I left the shop, I tested the same cable & XTVA with a brand new speaker (didn't see label but have to assume it's an HSN10006 model), and same results received.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to finish this install.

Thanks!!

Sean
fineshot1

Re: No audio from newly installed HSN1000B with XTVA

Post by fineshot1 »

Not sure if this is your problem but I have seen this on too many XTVA installs I have done.

On some of the amplified speaker cables the molex connector on the speaker end does not fully seat
and the molex connector is actually defective(had to get moto to replace).
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”