2008 Chevy Silverado Strobe Install?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

2008 Chevy Silverado Strobe Install?

Post by FMROB »

What are you guys doing with the newer Chevy Silverado headlights. I would like to mount strobes, and have no issues drilling it out, however I heard that the lenses fog up something bad even if you seal around the tube with silicone.

Thanks, Rob
FMROB

Re: 2008 Chevy Silverado Strobe Install?

Post by FMROB »

Bump,

Any luck on this. Rob
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I'd suggest posting on eLightBars. Many more installers over there... strobe tubes are pretty off-topic for Batlabs 8)
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Thank you for the response, however there is alot of less than professionals on that particular message forum. I just figured if one of the fleet guys on here has run into this newer body style lights they might have some insight. Thanks, Rob
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

FMROB wrote:Thank you for the response, however there is alot of less than professionals on that particular message forum. I just figured if one of the fleet guys on here has run into this newer body style lights they might have some insight. Thanks, Rob
Yeah, you just have to wade through the idiots. There are some knowledgeable people around... but the whacker quotient is quite high.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

I've only had problems with lenses fogging when they have been sealed up too tight. Some lenses come with breathing holes or vents that need to be opened, and actually will go to crap if you plug the whole thing up...never having worked on a 08 Silverado, YMMV.

Can i ask a more pressing question? Why are you wasting time, effort, and energy putting something as antiquated as strobes in a brandy-new truck? Make the jump to LAWs/HALOs/Vertexes and never look back.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

I was actually thinking of using the vertex lights, but nothing really beats strobes for day and night punch.

- Rob
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Strobes (with the right power supply) are still a nice thing to have.

Vertex=cheap, but unless you want to drop some series $$ on a HALO or universal LED, strobes are very cost effective and still very bright. Milage varies by location and power supply.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”