2006 Impala Install pix with Jotto

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mraudio
What radios do you own?: Quantar/AS/A-spec./VertexP25

2006 Impala Install pix with Jotto

Post by Mraudio »

resqguy911

Re: 2006 Impala Install pix with Jotto

Post by resqguy911 »

Well now, that is quite effective.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

looks nice. Now what's in the Dodge?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
kc8owl
Batboard $upporter

Post by kc8owl »

Very nice Install, both inside and outside the vehicle.

What's the low band for?
Hamsexiness - it's more than just a look ....
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Not bad.. Though the NTHSA doen't recommend that the 3rd brake light flash in any way other than for braking. I like the new LED hideaways over strobe..
Mraudio

Post by Mraudio »

The third brakre light will stay solid when you apply the brake however. I used the stock LED module in the assembly and just added oposing diodes to protect the circuts. I just tinted the windows today, Ill get more pics later when its not raining out. Also added Amber LEDs hidden in the back strip along the top of the window.

Dodge only has UHF Astro Spectra and Vertex 2m mobile. Ill post later as well. That one was a very custom install.

Mike Lowband is the GM300/Maxtrac that is on 6 meters. I like the gm300 face better than the maxtrac face.

Jeff
Mraudio

Re: 2006 Impala Install pix with Jotto ETC

Post by Mraudio »

UPDATE 7-4-09
Happy Independence day everyone! Spent yesterday tinting and today washing, color waxing and picture taking.

Heres the LED-strobes all done with the ambers hidden up under headliner

Heres the Dodge for the person that asked...custom install into exsisting console without damaging anything so that it cant be put back to stock. No one would know any radio was ever in there. Flip the stock armrest down and it basically hides everything.

fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

Car looks good. I am always looking for ideas on dodge trucks. I never even thought to do what you did. I have a 3500 with the 6spd manual so that give me some ideas to mount more. Currently I have my O5 head in the space below the air/heating controls.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Looks great. Those are all HAW leds?
Mraudio

Post by Mraudio »

LED HAW are in the reverse and tail lights. The stock LED array in the third brake light is used with the brake hooked to a diode and the feed from a led flasher hooked to a diode so the 2 circuts stay isolated from one another. It will light solid on with brake and flash when brakes are off. Able 2 leds in the window.

Truck was a challenge for sure however ya have 2 choices, removing the entire console and armreast storage box for a troy or doing what I did. Little craft work with a hole and jig saw but it came out nice and everything will bolt right back in when its time for it to come out. I like you used the "cubby hole" below the heater for a radio. That is where the scanner used to be that is now in the Impala. You could even almost flush mount the remote head between the seats in your case. I just chose not to have more cable and crap balled up in there for a remote kit. Besides I cant do that with that Vertex mobile and it would have looked weird. Before I had the Vertex I had a VHF Astro Saber convert a com mounted where the vertex is. That fit, but it was tight.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”