CDM-1250 remote head

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

markscan
New User

CDM-1250 remote head

Post by markscan »

We are in the process of upgrading all our ambulances to CDM-1250's. With our old Spectras we had 2 remote heads, one in the front console and one in the rear command area. Will the CDM-1250 support more than 1 head? I've heard alot of different answers. A local tech told me there was a box you could get from another manufacturer that would allow you to have 2 heads running on the same radio. But he also said they were no longer offering it it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: CDM-1250 remote head

Post by escomm »

Yes but it is more expensive than buying another radio. Between the kit and the second head from Motorola it's $900-1000
HarrisonRHW
What radios do you own?: Waris Stuff

Post by HarrisonRHW »

The box is made by IDA, and it supports up to 4 heads. You have to buy a lot of extra pieces and parts from Motorola to make it work such as an extra remote head. A PM1500 is a nice option, and you are using only Motorola parts, so it works.
colby4601

Post by colby4601 »

We just ended up buying two radios for our ambulance. CDM in the front and a CDM in the back.
--
KE4NYVJR
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu

Post by KE4NYVJR »

I realize this is after the fact, but Quickmount also made a dual-head box for the CDM series. The only problem was, they kept burning up and Quickmount just dropped the boxes since they never could fix the problem.
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST
commtek
Batboard $upporter

Post by commtek »

KE4NYVJR wrote:I realize this is after the fact, but Quickmount also made a dual-head box for the CDM series. The only problem was, they kept burning up and Quickmount just dropped the boxes since they never could fix the problem.
Actually, Quickmount was sued out of business by Mother M. IDA bought the business.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”